Anywhere in Bangladesh
Jan 15, 2017
No. of Vacancy:
Job Description / Responsibility
- Receives neonates from labor ward and also from OPD/ER in Neonatal ICU, ensures that the correct baby is handed over to correct parents.
- Monitors vital signs, documents and report abnormality.
- Initiates and maintains Thermal Stabilization, observes symptoms/laboratory values that may indicate temperature instability.
- Resuscitate babies / starts CPR as and when required, administers emergency medication as per doctor`s order.
- Initiates Phototherapy and monitors during the procedure as per physicians order.
- Demonstrate correct calculation/dilution of drug dose for all routine medication and the emergency medications.
- Assisting physicians: Assists physician in Endotracheal intubations and extubation, setting up ventilator, Lumber Puncture , Inj Surventa administration through ETT, Exchange Transfusion, dressing, Cardio version , Insertion and removal of arterial line, NG/OG tube , Umbilical catheter, Urinary catheter ICD etc.
- Performs capillary blood glucose testing using proper technique.
- Identifies feeding status (NPO, NG, breastfeeding) and prepares appropriate feeding using sterile technique. Follows hospital policy on EBM storage.
- Assess sucking and swallowing ability of newborn during breast feed and demonstrate/verbalize appropriate breastfeeding techniques.
- Educates parents on breast feeding, bonding and home care.
- Give appropriate nursing care to a neonate with Low Birth Weight, RDS, pre mature babies, on ventilator, radiant warmer, incubator, single and double surface phototherapy, etc.
- Have basic knowledge of common diseases found in neonate.
- Biomedical Equipment Handling: Has sound knowledge and skills on handling Cardiac monitor, warmer, incubator, phototherapy machine, Oxygen hood, Ventilator, Crash cart, Defibrillator, Syringe Pump, Infusion Pump, Glucometer, Nebulizer Machine, B.P Apparatus, Suction Apparatus, Pulse Oxymeter, BIPAP/CPAP, Oxygen Shut Valve, etc.
- Unit related Responsibilities: Checks unit inventory, floor stock, crash cart etc as advised. Does POCT as required. Monitors Room temperature and humidity, Refrigerator Temperature, expiry of CSSD items and maintains log.
- Ensures End of Life care and death care if needed, as per hospital policy.
- BSC in Nursing
- At least 4 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area (s): Nurse
- Assessment of Patient: Makes complete assessment and reassessment of all assigned patients on admission/ at beginning of the shift including Initial Nursing assessment on admission, pain assessment, and specialized assessment as per policy.
- Nursing Care: Provides complete Nursing care – Periodic vitals checking and recording, Medication administration, IV Cannulation, IV infusion, Blood transfusion and monitoring during transfusion, GRBS checking, NG/OG feeding, suctioning, nebulization, specimen collection including blood sample for ABG analysis and interpretation, Oxygen administration, assisting in activities of daily life and bed making as required for the patient.
- Prepares Nursing Care Plan at the starting of each duty and provides patients care as per the plan.
- Ensures safe environment for the patient. Plan the activities in order of priority and safe delivery of patient Care
- Implements emergency resuscitation according to BLS/NALS protocols
- Monitors, records and reports about patient condition to concerned doctor and senior nursing colleague/ Nursing Supervisor without any delay
- Documents the patient care completely in a concise manner complying with the Nursing documentation standard. Ensures safety and confidentiality of all records and patient information
- Handles equipments safely and efficiently and ensures safe custody of all equipments
- Maintains the required quantity of medications and consumables of the assigned patient. Indents and returns medications and consumables as and when required.
- Gives all inputs/entries on HIS accurately and correctly
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality
- Involves parents/family in care and gives education.
- Transfer/ discharge patient including DAMA as per doctor`s order
- Attend consultant`s rounds and follows instructions.
- Gives shift hand over using SBAR form.
- Contributes in cost and inventory control of the unit.
- Maintains professional etiquettes.
- Attends 4 Hours of Training per month.
- Attends all mandatory training as per HR policy.
- Act as a shift charge Nurse and Floor Fire leader in case of Fire if assigned.
- Takes part in quality improvement and ensures compliance and adherence to accreditation protocols.
- Adheres to all hospital policies and nursing code of conduct.
- Perform and participates in emergency and disaster management.
- Take part in quality improvement and ensures compliance and adherence to accreditation protocols.
- Performs any other tasks as assigned by the department.
Ask or Say Anything